- 300g red lentils, soaked for 10 minutes
- 1/2 small onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, thinly sliced
- Small handful of pandan leaves (optional, for flavour)
- Small handful of curry leaves (optional, for flavour)
- 400ml coconut milk
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, roughly chopped
Add the soaked lentils to the saucepan with all the remaining ingredients. Stir through. Add enough water to just cover your lentils.
Season with salt. Please be generous… lentils really need it. Stir well, check the taste of the liquid.
Simmer over a medium heat with the lid on for 10 minutes
Keep an eye on them towards the end of the designated time, it’s a good idea to keep the lentils a little firm so you can let down with water or stock to the desired consistency as necessary.
Super simple, super delicious!